[Samba] samba 4.16 on ubuntu focal

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Thu Feb 22 17:28:18 UTC 2024

22.02.2024 16:39, Arnaud FLORENT via samba:
>>> http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/packages/samba/focal/
>>
>> Oh.  I did a cleanup of the files in there, and, among various
>> duplicates, also removed 4.16.  Maybe it was too soon :)
>>
>> I'll see if I can get it back, - don't want to rebuild it without
>> changing anything.

> if you could get  4.16 back meanwhile it would be great...

I did restore the 4.16 files from a backup.  But please note the files
are only needed for new install, -- 4.16 hasn't been updated for quite
some time.  Sure thing I'll build a new 4.16.x version if it will ever
be released by samba.org, -- ditto for 4.17.x.  These files aren't needed
anymore if you're already running 4.16.

/mjt