[Samba] Rotating logs on a DC

Perttu Aaltonen perttu.aaltonen at mac.com
Wed Apr 24 09:29:01 UTC 2024

I’m adding separate logs for audit and auth_audit on a domain controller. How should I edit the logrotate configuration? In Debian backports packages there’s separate directives for log.smbd, log.nmbd, log.winbindd and log.samba which reloads/SIGHUPs smbd, nmbd, winbind and samba processes respectively.

Which process should I reload when adding log.audit and log.auth_audit? Or should I just move to a unified configuration (log.*) and use ‘copytruncate’? Any best practices?

Thanks,
Perttu