[Samba] domain join becomes invalid every 24h

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Apr 24 09:29:00 UTC 2024

On Wed, 2024-04-24 at 10:20 +0300, Alexis Pellicier via samba wrote:
> As test I joined another server as member and I didnt see this issue.
> I have another site with the same setup and I haven't seen this issue
> neither
>

> Any information which could help me to solve this is welcome.

I think you have two things (eg perhaps sssd and winbind, as suggested,
or two different devices) joined under the same name somehow.

Samba DB change audit logs might give a clue, but every 24 hours is
very short, most tooling rotates their password every couple of weeks,
not every 24 hours.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Audit_Logging#Enabling_AD_DC_Database_Audit_Logging

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett (he/him)       https://samba.org/~abartlet/Samba Team Member (since 2001) https://samba.orgSamba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/sambaCatalyst.Net Ltd
Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group