[Samba] SAMBA 4.20 - function level upgrade

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Apr 9 07:45:00 UTC 2024

On Mon, 2024-04-08 at 08:03 +0000, Tomáš Havlín wrote:
> Hello,
> I am sorry for my answer. I have already upgraded level domain and
> forest level 2012_R2 and function level to 2016 via ad dc functional
> level = 2016. Then I tried to follow instructions from wiki to
> upgrade
> to version of funtion level to 2016, but schema upgrade ends with
> error
>

> Exception: (1, 'operations error at
> ../../source4/dsdb/samba/ldb_modules/resolve_oids.c:674')
> Error encountered, aborting schema upgrade
> ERROR: Failed to upgrade schema

Was this text copied directly from your failing host?  I ask cecause
someone has 'spell corrected' samdb -> samba in that path, and line 674
is empty in the Samba 4.20.0 released sources.

Can you please confirm the exact command given and the version of Samba
you are running where you see this failure?

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett (he/him)       https://samba.org/~abartlet/Samba Team Member (since 2001) https://samba.orgSamba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/sambaCatalyst.Net Ltd
Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group