[Samba] samba-tool domain backup online and Administrator password

bd730c5053df9efb bd730c5053df9efb at proton.me
Thu Oct 12 21:01:50 UTC 2023

Hi all!

I use bacula to perform automated backups of everything needed to get my network up and running in case of disaster and when I backup my DC's I execute a script which creates an offline backup of the DC which I then backup to an external storage. I would like to be able to create an online backup too but I don't like the idea of having my domain administrator's password laying around in some script file. Is there a way to perform an online backup in a passwordless fashion?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Dave.

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.