[Samba] How to cleanly remove a DC from Samba domain?

Alexandros Karypidis akarypid at yahoo.gr
Mon May 29 10:46:48 UTC 2023

I used Apache Directory Studio to remove the "RID Set" node and after that a simple "samba-tool computer delete DC2" worked just fine.

Perhaps the version of Samba in TurnKey Linux V16.1 has a bug (4.9.5-Debian)? Likely demotion should remove leaf nodes from domain controllers as part of the process.

I have now recreated DC2 using TurnKey Linux V17.1 (4.17.6-Debian) and so far everything seems normal. I will take new backups, and then proceed to do the same with DC1 to sync up the versions.