[Samba] PAM Offline Authentication in Ubuntu 22.04...

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun May 28 07:33:59 UTC 2023

On 26/05/2023 18:55, Kees van Vloten via samba wrote:

> On 26-05-2023 17:37, Marco Gaiarin via samba wrote:
>> Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
>>    In chel di` si favelave...
>>
>> Sorry for the late answer.
>>

>>> I have Ubuntu 22.04 with Samba 4.15.13 running in a VM and it just works
>>> for myself.
>> Exactly the same, but on a real hardware.
>
> To me it looks identical to this
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2021-July/236850.html
>
> Unfortunately that thread never came to a solution.

The latest version of this wiki page works for myself:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/PAM_Offline_Authentication

It is based on my tests.

I have Ubuntu 22.04 running in an Oracle VM, this has been running for
the last 4 days and is disconnected from the network.

Every so often, I attempt to login as a domain user and so far it works,
without any delays. As I said, lightdm flashes up a message during the
logon, but it goes past very fast, so fast that I cannot read it and I
cannot find it logged anywhere.

 From this, I feel that I can say that winbind offline logon is working.

Rowland