[Samba] More on sysvol maintenance

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu May 25 19:49:17 UTC 2023

On 25/05/2023 20:40, Luis Peromarta via samba wrote:
> root at bwing:~# wbinfo -i Administrator
> MAD\administrator:*:0:10000::/home/MAD/administrator:/bin/false
> On 25 May 2023 at 21:32 +0200, samba at lists.samba.org, wrote:
>>
>> If there is no output (possible if the winbind links are not set up),
>> what is the output of 'wbinfo -i Administrator' ?

Okay, Administrator is mapping to the Unix root user, but I just noticed
you said 'share permissions', are we talking the 'Share Permissions' tab
here ? If so, then stop, you only change permissions on the 'Security'
tab and I can think of no reason to change the sysvol permissions in
that way.

Rowland