[Samba] sysvol maintenance/fix

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Tue May 23 12:09:02 UTC 2023

Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>
> > I wonder how to fix the ntacl of the three directories?  I don't know
> > what "samba-tool ntacl sysvolrest" do so I don't want to execute that
> > command blindly.
> >

> What sysvolreset does is basically what it says, it resets the
> permissions on the sysvol directories. It is the fix you require,
> provided the GPO's are there and that idmap.ldb is in sync on all DC's.
>
> If you still have doubts, just ask and I will go into it in much deeper.

I read the page several times: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Sysvolreset
I don't quite understand but it seems "sysvolreset" will do bad things
under some conditions.
so you mean under normal setup, "sysvolrest" is fine and it will set
up the correct acl?
I also want to ask if the "sysvol" folder is the only samba folder
which need to take care of the extended attribute  and posix_acl?
if I copy/backup the folder without extended attribute & posix_acl ,
will "sysvolrest" restore the correct acl for me?
thanks again for your kindly help!

Regards,
tbskyd