[Samba] Usage of '--domain-guid' parameter of 'samba-tool domain provision'

Olivier MARTIN olivier at labapart.com
Sun May 21 21:29:49 UTC 2023

As I said in my last email, my intention was to not have to regenerate
the domain controller certificate as explained here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_Smart_Card_Login#Get_the_Domain_Controller.27s_GUID_with_script
when I re-provisioned the same domain (in my test environment). The
domain controller certificate requires its GUID.

But I mixed "Domain GUID" and "Domain Controller GUID". And I was hoping
by passing a known GUID to "samba-tool domain provision", I will be able
to re-use my domain controller certificate without having to regenerate
a new one everytime I re-provision my domain in my test environment. But
what is passed to "samba-tool domain provision" is the "domain GUID" -
not the "domain controller GUID".