[Samba] PAM Offline Authentication in Ubuntu 22.04...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Fri May 19 11:02:20 UTC 2023

I'm trying to enable offline auth in a Ubuntu 22.04 box, following:

	https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/PAM_Offline_Authentication

using standard ubuntu samba package (4.15.13+dfsg-0ubuntu1.1).
I've enabled workaround 'lock directory = /var/cache/samba'.

Still does not work, and behave very badly with no conectivity or bad
connectivity (wireless): sometime the 'reboot/poweroff' menu option
desappear, open a terminal took minutes...

Seems to me an NSS trouble; my NSS conf is simple:

 root at dane:~# cat /etc/nsswitch.conf
 # /etc/nsswitch.conf
 #
 # Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
 # If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
 # `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

 passwd:         compat winbind
 group:          compat winbind
 [...]

What i'm missing?! Thanks.

--
  Non sara` il canto delle sirene che ci innamorera`
  noi lo conosciamo bene, l'abbiamo sentito gia`	(F. De Gregori)