[Samba] Setup LDAPS or other solution for ldap

matti.kaupenjohann matti.kaupenjohann at fh-dortmund.de
Thu May 11 08:51:27 UTC 2023

> The problem is, the OP doesn't want to join the domain with all their
> computers. Now you and I know that, to get the best results, it is
> better to join a domain, somehow we have to convince people of this.

I am convinced but do not understand everything yet:)

If I understand this correct, I join the domain with all our client
access machines and our servers. I limit the direct authentication to
our servers via group policies. Now I have as example a guacamole
instance running on one of our servers. Only the domain-administrator
and the server-auth-group has login access. For the guacamole service I
want that my users can connect to guacamole via ldap (or in this case
via ldaps?). For my test scenario I would use my self signed
certificates but later in a real scenario we have access to real ones.
So with this example it sounds like the easiest and best approach with
kinit and not ldaps. Am I right?

Matti Kaupenjohann

Fachhochschule Dortmund
University of Applied Sciences and Arts