[Samba] Need help setting up Samba DC in Windows environment

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue May 9 09:46:14 UTC 2023

> On 09/05/2023 09:21, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>> On Tue, 2023-05-09 at 08:24 +0100, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
>>>
>>> Several things here, first is, I know it works on arm64, because I
>>> run
>>>
>>> my DC's on arm64.
>>>

>>> Next, you are going to have to use Administrator to join the DC, a
>>>
>>> normal user doesn't work.
>>>

>>> Why is 'krbtgt' called 'krbtgt_14279' and then why is it being
>>> renamed
>>>
>>> to 'krbtgt_SJC-BR-01' ? I cannot remember seeing that ever happen
>>> before.
>>
>> This looks like joining as an RODC, which wasn't what the command
>> showed. Odd.
>>
>> Andrew Bartlett
>>

> Which would explain why I do not remember seeing anything like that, I
> have never set up an RODC.
>
> Still think we need more info.
>
> Rowland

After a quick read of the code, it looks like the code that is renaming
'krbtgt' should only be run if 'krbtgt_dn' exists in 'ctx', which looks
like it should only happen when joining an RODC.
My only thoughts are, has the OP provisioned a new DC and is now trying
to 'join' this to an existing AD domain ?

Rowland