[Samba] LAPS support

Arnaud FLORENT aflorent at iris-tech.fr
Wed May 3 16:00:11 UTC 2023

finally i got LAPS GPO working ( there was errors in my first schema
update ldif files)

i had to set "Enable password encryption" to disabled in LAPS GPO.

after reading wiki
(https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_schema_extensions), before
install on production, i would like to have some advice

should i wait for this schema update to be integrated in samba source,
or this kind of update is not supposed to be integrated?

could this kind of schema update breaks future samba upgrade?

should i wait for 2016 domain functional level before  install on
production?

what should i check in my ldif files to prevent breaking AD database
especially on controlAccessRight object as it is not documented on wiki?

Thanx

--
Arnaud FLORENT
IRIS Technologies