[Samba] R: R: R: R: upgrade from 4.17 to samba 4.18.1

Corrado Ravinetto corrado.ravinetto at lanificiocerruti.com
Thu Mar 30 15:47:48 UTC 2023

Thanks Rowland

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: samba <samba-bounces at lists.samba.org> Per conto di Rowland Penny via samba
Inviato: giovedì 30 marzo 2023 17:40
A: samba at lists.samba.org
Cc: Rowland Penny <rpenny at samba.org>
Oggetto: Re: [Samba] R: R: R: upgrade from 4.17 to samba 4.18.1

On 30/03/2023 16:09, Corrado Ravinetto via samba wrote:
> My old dc it was on samba 4.17.4 and in my network i have many old pc
> with xp os

Windows XP went EOL in 2014 (if I remember correctly) and unless you are one of those people that run it on an embedded computer in something like a CNC machine, you really should be upgrading to a supported Windows version.

When Samba 5 does come out, it will remove SMBv1 (I am assured this will
happen) and then your XP clients will not work.

Better to be ahead of the game.

Rowland

Corrado Ravinetto
Sistemi informativi
corrado.ravinetto at lanificiocerruti.com <mailto:corrado.ravinetto at lanificiocerruti.com>
T: +39 015 3591283
[Lanificio F.lli CERRUTI]
Lanificio F.lli Cerruti S.p.A.
Via Cernaia 40, 13900 - Biella (BI) Italy
www.lanificiocerruti.com <http://www.lanificiocerruti.com/>

[Twitter] <https://twitter.com/Lan_Cerruti> [Facebook]  <https://www.facebook.com/LanificioCerruti> [Instagram]  <https://www.instagram.com/lanificiocerruti/>

Rispetta l'ambiente, non stampare questa mail se non necessario
Respect the environment, don't print unless necessary

[Unesco]