[Samba] clients not connecting to samba shares

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Wed Mar 29 08:47:58 UTC 2023

28.03.2023 23:22, Gary Dale via samba пишет:
> Setting up samba-common-bin (2:4.13.13+dfsg-1~deb11u5) ...
> Checking smb.conf with testparm
> Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
> Error loading services.

4.13 (and before) samba debian packages has really many issues, most of which
I fixed, but some may remain still.  I think you found another, -- I'll check
how it works. Namely, if you upgrade/reinstall samba packages, it will fail
like this if smb.conf has errors (or maybe unknown parameters introduced later).

Also, debian install scripts does not work well when you want to run AD-DC, -
during install it creates smb.conf suitable (well, more or less) for a stand-alone
server, and you have to remove the generated smb.conf before ad-dc provision step
(and later on, during upgrades, it will ask about updating smb.conf with new
version, again suitable for a member server).  I'll address this past debian bookworm.

Thanks,

/mjt