[Samba] Error message dns

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Mar 28 12:15:07 UTC 2023

On 28/03/2023 12:51, Philip Offermans via samba wrote:
> Thanks Rowland!
> I don't have the expertice to wrap it in a 'try'. Should I just ignore these errors in the logs?

You can ignore them, as I said, how can not being able to add a dns
record because it already exists be an error ?

> And am I the only one who gets these errors?

No, I at least can easily get these messages

> I found this https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=871655
> They found a solution. But I don't get what the exactly did

No, I don't fully understand (from a quick skim) what they did and there
is at least one misunderstanding in there.

I am trying to track down just where that error message is coming from,
it doesn't seem to be directly from samba_dnsupdate.

Rowland