[Samba] Internal DNS not coming up in 4.18.0

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Mar 23 11:38:00 UTC 2023

On 23/03/2023 11:30, Anantha Raghava via samba wrote:

> You are right. They are not starting. One of the server is throwing NTDS
> and rid related error and exit. By the way this one was having all FSMO
> roles before it was removed. I haven't tried the other one. I will try
> and & turn of faulty DCs and start the old (second server & check. If I
> can get some good back up from here, will this work?

 From the sound of it, you only have two options here:
1) you get a good DC from the ones you have turned off, back this up and
then start again.
2) you provision a new domain, this will entail re-joining everything to
the new domain.

There may be a third option, you employ a Samba expert to try and fix
your domain, this is beyond a mailing list.
See here:

https://www.samba.org/samba/support/

Rowland