[Samba] Samba Issue for Mac

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Mar 17 16:38:25 UTC 2023

On 17/03/2023 14:47, Himanshi Yadav wrote:
> We are using the nss-db instead of SSSD on the Sambaserver.
>

> The backend database is nss.
>
> idmap config adlocal : backend = nss
>
> Our issue is related to user directory discrepancy on the Mac OS
> systems. On the windows systems, we don’t see any issue.

You posted your smb.conf file, it showed this:

workgroup = AD

Then it showed this:

idmap config adlocal : backend = nss

'AD' != 'adlocal'

This could be bad sanitisation, because what you set as the 'workgroup'
value should be the same as the output of 'wbinfo --own-domain'. You
should also set the same name in the idmap config lines.

If your NetBIOS domain name is 'AD', they should look like this:

idmap config AD : backend = nss
idmap config AD : range = 1401-2147483647

You will also need users in AD with the same name as local Unix users
stored in /etc/passwd

I only mentioned sssd because that was one of your 'invalid users'

Rowland