[Samba] Updating samba version 4.17.5 to version 4.17.6 from Debian backports - armel architecture

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Thu Mar 16 20:21:47 UTC 2023

14.03.2023 13:02, spindles seven via samba wrote:
..
> ... re-reading my post I saw that I still had:
>> Get:3http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/packages/samba  bullseye/samba-4.17/ InRelease [2325 B]
>
> in the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ enabled which may conflict the buillseye-backports repo.    So I removed mjt.list from the above folder and tried again - that resolved the problem.

This is one of many examples why I thought it is not a good idea to have
the same version of samba packages for bullseye on my repository as on
testing/unstable.  But people insisted :)

The thing is: both my bullseye 4.17 repository and debian unstable now has
version 4.17.6+dfsg-1. bullseye-backports has 4.17.6+dfsg-1~bpo11-1, which
is *less* than 4.17.6+dfsg-1.

Once you remove my 4.17 repo from your sources.list, apt wont be able to
find the right version of samba for bullseye, even if "almost" the same
version is available in bpo11.

If you want 4.17 for bullseye, please use bpo11 version. It is the same
stuff just a slightly different version.

/mjt