[Samba] Samba Issue for Mac

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Mar 14 15:09:03 UTC 2023

On 14/03/2023 15:00, Himanshi Yadav via samba wrote:
> Dear Samba Team
>
> I am a data scientist at the Research Computing Centre (HPC) at University of Chicago.
>
> Our Mac Samba issues are reporting the following issues:
>
>    1.  Users can't save any file on the RCC server (Word, Excel, Image, or PPT).
>    2.
> Some big data files/folders are not visible on the server. These files/folders are only visible through the command line or only on a few computers.
>    3.
> Even in the systems through which files can be saved to the server, several duplicate folders are generated every time anything is saved.
>    4.
> Some of the very important data files/folders are not opening and are indicating "corrupt".
>
> Can you please point me in the right direction?

Sorry, but not from what you have posted, there just isn't enough
information.

What OS is Samba running on ?
What version of Samba ?
How is Samba Running, as a standalone server or a Unix domain member, or
a DC ?
Please post the output of 'testparm -s' (unless it is a DC, then post
the output of 'samba-tool testparm')

Rowland