[Samba] Samba Issue for Mac

Himanshi Yadav hyadav at uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 14 15:00:30 UTC 2023

Dear Samba Team

I am a data scientist at the Research Computing Centre (HPC) at University of Chicago.

Our Mac Samba issues are reporting the following issues:

  1.  Users can't save any file on the RCC server (Word, Excel, Image, or PPT).
  2.
Some big data files/folders are not visible on the server. These files/folders are only visible through the command line or only on a few computers.
  3.
Even in the systems through which files can be saved to the server, several duplicate folders are generated every time anything is saved.
  4.
Some of the very important data files/folders are not opening and are indicating "corrupt".

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Best
Himi