[Samba] DCs & subnets

Perttu Aaltonen perttu.aaltonen at mac.com
Fri Mar 10 15:51:12 UTC 2023

> On 10. Mar 2023, at 17.20, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> Can I ask, why are you still using a version of Samba that went EOL 8 years ago ?
>
> I am trying to understand why people do not want to update something that usually has big changes between series.
>
> Rowland

In this case I’m not the original admin who installed it and once I came around it was already quite a few years old. For a while it looked like the company was moving to cloud authentication so it was left as it is while waiting for the decision and time passed even more. Plans were changed again and now I want to update the environment and start keeping it more current.

I suspect it’s often things like changes in personnel and company bureaucracy that get in the way and updating critical components like this that need to be done carefully gets put in the back burner.

-Perttu