[Samba] AD Functional Level vs very old SaMBa member server

Tamás Németh nt1277 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 12:31:00 UTC 2023

Thank you for your help. I'm further analyzing the problem: I'm trying to
migrate to a brand new SaMBa server, but the deadlines are too tight, and
it's possible I won't be able to finish in time. So, preparing for this
worst case scenario:

What if I enable the 'domain logons' option on a fairly up-to-date SaMBa
MEMBER server in this AD? Can this new SaMBa MEMBER server (despite not
being a DC) serve as "proxy" server as the 'password server' for the
ancient fileserver? Do i have to rejoin the domain with the ancient SaMBa
or is it enough to restart it? Anyway: Can a MEMBER server provide 'domain
logons' service and act like a proxy between an ancient member and a
kerberos based AD?

Thank you in advance,

NÉMETH, Tamás

Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> ezt írta (időpont: 2023.