[Samba] Unable to "rejoin" existing DC after upgrade (infamous WERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Mar 9 14:23:01 UTC 2023

On 09/03/2023 14:09, Fabrizio Rompani via samba wrote:

> I tryied --sync-forced : got some error , but also say Replicate Succesful
>
> root at nextcloud:/var/lib/samba# samba-tool drs replicate nextcloud landc dc=domain,dc=lan  --sync-all --sync-forced
> GSS client Update(krb5)(1) Update failed:  Miscellaneous failure (see text): FAST fast response is missing FX-FAST (ldap/NEXTCLOUD at DOMAIN.LAN)
> GSS client Update(krb5)(1) Update failed:  Miscellaneous failure (see text): FAST fast response is missing FX-FAST (ldap/nextcloud at DOMAIN.LAN)
> Replicate from landc to nextcloud was successful.
>
> what can I do now?
> we 've  already removed samba and the whole /var/lib/samba on nextcloud DC and reinstalled .... no luck ! any suggestion?
> thank's
> rf

Not entirely sure, which DC do you feel holds all your correct records
and where is it ?

If it is not one of the 'cloud' based ones, I would clone that DC and
sandbox the clone (but not in the cloud), forcibly demote the other two
DC's on the sandboxed clone and then try to locally (not in the cloud)
join another DC with a new DC name and IP. If that works, it would point
to there being something wrong your cloud connection, if it doesn't
work, then it looks like your domain has major problems which are beyond
a mailing list sorting and I would then suggest you get commercial help.

Rowland