[Samba] Kerberos tickets

Vaughan, Robert J vaughar2 at gdls.com
Mon Mar 6 18:54:05 UTC 2023

Hello world (of Samba)

We've had this periodic issue with Win 10 users 'losing their connection' to a Samba share

This problem originally started on our Solaris server but we could be seeing it now on our replacement Red Hat Linux server

Microsoft looked at the PC logs some time ago and stated ..

"The unix device does not like some aspect of our Kerberos ticket.  The device clearly does not like the new ticket even though we have a new ticket."

I have turned up the Samba domain member server "log level" to 10 and therefore should I be able to detect such a Kerberos issue in the server logs?

We're using winbind with idmap backend AD (our user posix attributes are added in AD)

Thanks,

Robert Vaughan

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.