[Samba] Replication error on newly joined DC

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sun Mar 5 16:54:12 UTC 2023

05.03.2023 08:18, Peter Pollock via samba wrote:
> I found the answer... I was missing a line from the Global section of
> smb.conf
>
> server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbindd,
> ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate

If your configuration does not work by default, without this line, when something
is not right.  Here's the default value for a domain controller:

   server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns

(and you seems to be missing "dns" in your string, dunno if it is
intentional)

Did you wrote smb.conf file yourself or did you let samba-tool to
generate one for you?

/mjt