[Samba] smbclient sometimes fails

Andrea Cucciarre acucciarre at cloudian.com
Mon Jul 31 06:04:58 UTC 2023

I have just realized that when it fails it alway take 20 seconds.
That seems to match the default smbclient timeout:

-t|--timeout <timeout-seconds>
This allows the user to tune the default timeout used for each SMB request.
The default setting is 20 seconds. Increase it if requests to the server
sometimes time out. This can happen when SMB3 encryption is selected and
smbclient is overwhelming the server with requests.

Maybe the SAMBA server is sometimes overloaded?

Andrea

--
Andrea Cucciarre'
Global Technical Support Manager