[Samba] Migration of files with Windows ACL's to Samba server

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Fri Jul 28 14:13:15 UTC 2023

On 7/28/23 15:27, Borut Rozman via samba wrote:
> So /storage is a NFS mount from a second server.
>
> server2:/storage/    201T   40T  153T  21% /storage

well, resharing NFS is always asking for problems... :)

It looks like when using acl_xattr where Samba will store the NT ACLs in
filesystem extended attributes, your NFS mount doesn't support setting
xattrs.

Iirc xattrs are an optional feature of the NFS4 protocol, so either your
client or server might not implement it or it's not configured correctly.

As an alternative, you could also try to use vfs_nfs4acl_xattr with
nfs4acl_xattr:nfs. It's been some time since I implemented this, but
that should be the correct setting for your usecase. :)

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                      https://samba.org/
SerNet Samba Team Lead                     https://sernet.de/en/