[Samba] Is DNS Scavenging working?

Carlos Jesus camjesus2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 21:31:18 UTC 2023

Hi all!
Has anyone implemented dns scavenging on samba? What is the status of this?
I know  that samba 4.9 and then 4.15 have introduced and enhanced this
feature and I know about bug12451.

samba-tool dns zoneoptions --aging=1

seems to work.

However RSAT shows all my records as static and they just keep piling
up. Am I missing something?

I have 2 DC's on 4.17.7 with bind 9.16.37 with dynamic updates. All
running on Bullseye

Best regards!

My sanitized smb.conf, Global Section, just in case, is rather
minimal. winbind enum are there for testing.

# Global parameters
[global]
        realm = SAMDOM
        workgroup = SAMDOM