[Samba] Internal DNS & TSIG errors

Perttu Aaltonen perttu.aaltonen at mac.com
Tue Jul 25 19:11:04 UTC 2023

Hi,

I found this thread from February: https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2023-February/244053.html <https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2023-February/244053.html>

I have the same issue, TSIG errors when running "samba_dnsupdate --verbose --all-names” with internal DNS backend. I’m not sure if these is something I should worry about or if they’re normal with internal?

This is with a freshly installed Samba DC from bullseye-backports, I transferred all roles and demoted a very old DC that this replaces. Everything seems to work normally and no errors in the logs after about an hour with the server running.

Are these just cosmetic errors when running the tool with internal DNS, or should I do something to fix them? At the moment there’s only this one DC, ideally I’d like to fix this if needed before adding a second.

-Perttu