[Samba] Windows 11 computer leaving domain

Alexandros Karypidis akarypid at yahoo.gr
Mon Jul 24 13:53:09 UTC 2023

Hello,

I have only ever used Samba as a DC and recently I removed a computer from my domain. I did this simply by going to "Settings / Accounts / Access work or school" and choosing to leave my domain.

Interestingly, when I run RSAT and connect to the Samba DC with the "Active Directory Users and Computers" tool, I still see the computer that left the domain listed, only its icon is different to the rest (it has a small circle with a downward-pointing arrow).

Is this something gone wrong or is it how it's supposed to work?

Will this computer disappear from the list later automatically (maybe some timeout?) or am I supposed to remove it by clicking delete on it?

Sorry for this basic user question, but I have no "reference" (never ran an actual Windows AD) to compare to...

Thanks!