[Samba] Trust relationship login error

Carlos Jesus camjesus2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 20:36:55 UTC 2023

I´ve been banging my head on the wall for the last 2 days with this.
It seems that another effect of this problem is that windows shares exhibit
the following behavior:
A) If accessed using UNC path, the shares work as expected
B) If accessed using \\ip.of.share\share, the machine gives the infamous
"Trust Relationship Between This Workstation And The Primary Domain Failed".
Ate least one of my apps doesn't recognize UNC's so, uninstalling KB5028166
was the only option. That has indeed worked and my shares are back again.
Oddly, I didnt have any login issues (so far) but I don't RDP much.

For reference, I'm running samba 4.16.6 on 2 DC's on Debian Bullseye. One
is physical the other virtual. Running bind 9.16.37 with Dynamic DNS
updates and failover dhcp.
I've tried every configuration change and test. nothing worked. Removing
KB5028166 was the solution.

God, I hate Windoze so much....

Best regards

Marco Gaiarin via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> escreveu no dia quinta,