[Samba] Samba 4.17.8+dfsg-2 (Debian 12) | Test-ComputerSecureChannel False | no RDP access after july update

michael.groh+samba at minad.de michael.groh+samba at minad.de
Wed Jul 12 10:37:06 UTC 2023

Hello Samuel,

i have exactly the same problem. After the Windows Server 2022 VMs
rebooted after Microsofts July Patches, both VMs have lost their
domain-trust. I am using Ubuntu 22.04, so my Samba version is
2:4.15.13+dfsg-0ubuntu1.1.

On those Machines, eventlog shows NETLOGON with the event-ID 3210, the
"Test-ComputerSecureChannel" shows False and -Repair also does not work.
Even removing and rejoining those servers from the AD will not fix this
problem.

On one of the machines, i removed the updates and everything started to
work again. Also, there are some Windows 11 clients in my AD that will
not let me connect via RDP - and WinRM does not work, so i can't use
ansible to remove those updates.

Maybe this is worth escalating?

Thank you for your work,
Michael