[Samba] Synology shares not accessible...

Ingo Asche foren at asche-rz.de
Thu Jul 6 08:39:15 UTC 2023

I found something out about this SID which - according to Synology - is
creating the problem.

Rowland may remember that he said it is not in this patch I was
requested to install.

The SID is S-1-18-1 and according to Microsoft this Well-Known SID don't
exists in Windows AD 2008R2 and below.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-dtyp/81d92bba-d22b-4a8c-908a-554ab29148ab?redirectedfrom=MSDN
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-dtyp/11e1608c-6169-4fbc-9c33-373fc9b224f4#Appendix_A_37

And as Samba is at the moment at Functional Level 2008R2 it is correct
that this one is not found. I asked Synology which Windows AD version
they support.

I don't got an answer until now. But if they claim supporting 2008R2,
the question would be, why then is this causing a problem? ;-)

Regards
Ingo
https://github.com/WAdama