[Samba] Found multiple results for "tga":

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 4 17:34:57 UTC 2023

On 04/07/2023 17:14, Edson Wolf via samba wrote:
> I only have a tga user. But it says it has multiple entries.
>
> ( ERROR: Failed to add members ['tga'] to group "backup" - Found
> multiple results for "tga": )
>
> root at dc0:~# samba-tool group list |grep backup
> lpcfg_do_global_parameter: WARNING: The "domain logons" option is
> deprecated

The obvious first question has to be, why do you have an NT4-style
domain parameter in a Samba AD DC smb.conf ?

> ldb_wrap open of secrets.ldb
> backup
>
> root at dc0:~# samba-tool user list|grep tga
> lpcfg_do_global_parameter: WARNING: The "domain logons" option is
> deprecated
> ldb_wrap open of secrets.ldb
> tga
>
> root at dc0:~# samba-tool group addmembers backup tga
> lpcfg_do_global_parameter: WARNING: The "domain logons" option is
> deprecated
> ldb_wrap open of secrets.ldb
> string_to_sid: SID tga is not in a valid format
> ERROR: Failed to add members ['tga'] to group "backup" - Found multiple
> results for "tga":
> CN=tga,CN=Users,DC=granmarmo,DC=intranet
> CN=SERVER,CN=Computers,DC=empresa,DC=intranet

I do not know why this is happening and I also do not understand why it
appears that your users are in one dns domain (granmarmo.intranet) and
your computers are in another (empresa.intranet).
Do you have any explanations for this ?
I think it may be relevant.

Rowland