[Samba] winbindd authentication fails with NT_STATUS_RPC_SEC_PKG_ERROR intermittently

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jul 4 11:54:52 UTC 2023

On 04/07/2023 12:19, Bharath Bheemarasetti via samba wrote:

> DC is a read-write windows active directory domain controller on
> Windows server 2016.

> Not yet, will add that the next time we hit the issue.

OK, then just a few more questions that I should have asked last time:

you have:

bind interfaces only = yes
interfaces = 127.0.0.138 lo:138

Why have you set Samba to only listen on the loopback interface ?

You also have:

smb ports = 1445

Why are you using a non default port for SMB ? The defaults are 139 and 445.

Is this Samba server a part of a cluster ?

Rowland