[Samba] Joint a Samba DC AD to a Windows 2019 DC AD

Jose Francisco Medeiros jose.medeiros at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 02:17:47 UTC 2023

 I am not a SAMBA expert, I have only used SAMBA for file sharing. Itr
looks like you have two separate AD domain Forests, if you were using
A Microsoft Domain controller you would have to create a trust to the
other AD forest. I am not sure if SAMBA support trusts with a
Microsoft AD 2019 controller, my Google search shows:
https://samba.tranquil.it/doc/en/samba_fundamentals/about_trust_and_forest.html

https://www.univention.com/blog-en/2020/09/ucs-samba-ad-how-to-establish-trust-with-native-microsoft-active-directory-domains/

https://sourceforge.net/p/univentioncorporateserver/blog/2017/02/creating-trusts-between-ucs-sambaad-and-native-microsoft-active-directory-domains/

Good luck, let the group know if you get it to work.

Jose :-)