[Samba] System Requirements for Samba?

Peter Milesson miles at atmos.eu
Mon Jan 30 18:11:50 UTC 2023

Hi Rob,

I'm not sure you will get much pleasure out of VirtualBox on that
hardware. It sits completely on top of the OS and it will grab most of
the resources, even hogging from the OS. And it will run very hot. The
Xen hypervisor (incl. XenServer, XCP-NG) is very resource efficient and
with Linux guests (PV or PVHVM), it will run very smoothly. The same
applies to KVM. My FX-6300 box was running 24/7 for 9 years, and you
never noticed the CPU fan.

Best regards,

Peter