[Samba] Setting up shares using Windows ACLs

Peter Milesson miles at atmos.eu
Sun Jan 29 16:15:30 UTC 2023

Hi folks,

I'm in the process of migrating user home folders from an old server to
a new one (roaming profiles).

In the Samba Wiki (Setting up the Share on the Samba file server), there
is a table with Share permissions. In the table there are 2 items:

Principal                Access
Domain Users      Change
Domain Admins   Full Control

When trying to set this from Windows (Computer Management), it always
revert to Everyone / Full Control when I press Apply.

Well, it works with Everyone also in the share permissions. Have I
overseen something, when it's not possible to set the share permissions,
or are there changes in Samba?

Everything else works just fine, including profiles and setting the
proper permissions on user folders.

Best regards,

Peter