[Samba] Upgrading from Samba 4.8.2 to 4.15.5

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sun Jan 29 14:00:23 UTC 2023

29.01.2023 16:51, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:

>  From the distros you mentioned, the first two didn't supply Samba packages that could be provisioned as a DC, As far as I am aware, Slackware is the
> same. Arch did supply Samba packages that could be used as an AD DC, these used Samba's builtin Heimdal, are you saying that this has changed and they
> now use MIT ?

I haven't followed history. At least Fedora provides samba ad-dc packages built
with mit-krb5 for quite some time (I posted their rpm.spec file here).
Arch samba also works as an ad-dc.
..

> Seeing as how Samba is now using pretty much the latest Heimdal, I am not surprised it works. However, Samba tests against the Heimdal it supplies.

Samba tests against mit-krb5 too, fwiw.

Unfortunately due to the way samba builds for testing has
little to do with production build.

/mjt