[Samba] Valid Users Does Not Like My AD Group or Syntax

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Jan 28 19:26:32 UTC 2023

On 28/01/2023 18:34, E R via samba wrote:
> [root at local]# testparm -s
> Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
> Loaded services file OK.
> Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>          bind interfaces only = Yes
>          disable netbios = Yes
>          dns proxy = No
>          kerberos encryption types = strong
>          load printers = No
>          log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
>          ntlm auth = disabled
>          realm = MYDOMAIN.COM
>          security = ADS
>          server signing = required
>          server string = Samba Server
>          unix extensions = No
>          winbind enum groups = Yes
>          winbind enum users = Yes
>          winbind refresh tickets = Yes
>          workgroup = MYDOMAIN
>          idmap config * : rangesize = 1000000
>          idmap config * : range = 100000-19999999
>          idmap config * : backend = autorid
>          hosts allow = 192.168.1.3
>

> [www-test]
>
>          comment = Samba share for test
>          create mask = 0664
>          directory mask = 0775
>          path = /export/home/www/htdocs/test
>          read only = No
>          valid users = +MYDOMAIN\Samba-www-test

You didn't tell us what version of Samba or the RHEL version.

Never mind, lets go with what we have.

Can you please raise the loglevel to 5 for a start, I think this may
cause a few more error messages to pop out that may point to the problem.

You could also try removing the '+' from the start of the name and wrap
the entire name in quotes.

Rowland