[Samba] ctdb samba and winbind event problem

Björn Baumbach bb at sernet.de
Fri Jan 27 17:15:51 UTC 2023

Hi Stefan,

On 1/27/23 16:16, Stefan Kania wrote:
> The only difference between my test environment and the production
> system is, that I have two server with Ubuntu and one with Debian, BUT
> both with the same sernet-packages, and the same nodes- and
> public_addresses-files. Still ctdb is running IP-failover works, but as
> soon I enable one of the events there is no way to get ctdb restarting
> again.

in the case of runnig different distributions in one cluster, it's
required to set "allow unsafe cluster upgrade = yes". This is required,
because sernet-samba binaries have the distribution name in the version
string (see "smbd -V" command on the nodes).

Best regards,
Björn

--
SerNet GmbH - Bahnhofsallee 1b - 37081 Goettingen
phone: +49.551.370000.0 - web: https://sernet.com
http://www.sernet.com - mailto:contact at sernet.com
AG Goettingen HRB2816, CEO: J.Loxen, CFO: R. Jung
data privacy policy https://www.sernet.de/privacy