[Samba] Failed to convert SID to a UID for a computer

tizo tizone at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 17:14:00 UTC 2023

Thanks for the response Rowland. After setting an UID manually for one
of the Windows computers, Samba is logging another message on the file
servers (multiple times in a row, maybe more times than the previous
message):

[2023/01/25 14:09:35.198587,  0]
../../source3/auth/auth_util.c:1937(check_account)
  check_account: Failed to find local account with UID XXXXXXXXX for
SID S-X-X-XX-XXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXX-XXXX
(dom_user[SMB\host-xxx$])

Is that normal too?. How could we avoid it?.