[Samba] oplocks, kernel oplocks, kernel share modes, .. - how it all works?

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Tue Jan 24 17:22:22 UTC 2023

What Samba version is this? This:

> LEASE()

... looks broken: the handle oplock/lease state claims to be a lease,
which means the client didn't request an oplock but a lease which should
not have happened in the first place, because the global leases
capabiltiy is not signaled by the server when kernel oplocks are enabled.

I assume this is 4.17? That saw substantial changes in the core open
handling, I'm worried that some of the subtle oplock/lease handling was
broken by those changes.

-slow