[Samba] Print Management Blank After Working for Years

Aaron de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Mon Jan 23 23:04:16 UTC 2023

Stopped samba, cups, etc... and blew away /var/lib/samba/registry.tdb and /var/lib/samba/*winbind* for good measure that that fixed that part of it.
There's still something going on between the Windows Point and Print policies and Print Management.
Blowing away HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers and restarting the print spooler makes Print Management work, but you can't actually connect to the printer and use it until after a gpupdate /force where the point-and-print policy reapplies the settings for which servers it's allowed to connect to.

Microsoft is such a dumpster fire.

-A