[Samba] Print Management Blank After Working for Years

Aaron de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Mon Jan 23 21:41:05 UTC 2023

There's got to be more to this...

I stopped samba, cups, and winbind.
I rm -rf'd the my print driver store (under /tank/printing on my systems)
I nuked /var/cache/samba/print*
I started all the services back up.

I closed/opened Print Management, and while it's still suffering from the whole not-displaying-anything problem from before, if I right-click on the Samba box and go to Properties and then the Drivers tab....I see drivers listed. Even though I nuked /tank/printing.

Running "net rpc printer driver" shows old Lexmark drivers installed.
I tried restarting various RPC services and it still shows those drivers.

Where is RPC getting that information?

-A