[Samba] Print Management Blank After Working for Years

Aaron de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Mon Jan 23 20:49:39 UTC 2023

Agreed on Microsoft completely fscking things up.
What do you expect from a component of Windows that still defaults to "a:\" when installing drivers? 😉
As if that's not enough, the first "have disk" prompt will remember your previous install location, but the second prompt (i.e. x86 driver) won't default to A:\ or your previous location. On my system it defaults to my virtual DVD drive.

I can only imagine the absolute cesspool of code...

I think I'm going to start from scratch on one machine. Stop Samba, delete all the printer tdb files, remove the driver share, etc...

Then in Windows I'm going to blow away all the policy crap related to printers, and see if I can set it back up.

-A