[Samba] DCs in multiple VLANs

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Mon Jan 23 14:22:30 UTC 2023

Am 20.01.23 um 10:59 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger via samba:

> It's just that a windows client in a VLAN fails to pull group policies
> for example: the asymmetric routing breaks that.
>
> So far I don't see a nice solution (aside from putting the DHCP cluster
> elsewhere), this might be related to the fact that I am currently sick
> and should stay in bed.

The solution was easy .. at least it looks that way now that I learned
about DHCP relaying.

The DCs now only have one NIC with one IP again (and in turn only one
DNS record).

The VLAN interfaces on my pfsense forward DHCP traffic to both of the
Kea servers ... where that traffic magically gets matched with the
serveral subnets defined there.

Works so far, looks elegant ... and, yes: samba group policies work in
the VLANs now as well.

thanks all, Stefan