[Samba] Solve Err 53 through Samba?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Jan 17 15:56:25 UTC 2023

> What is 'err 53' ?  What version of Windows 10 ? Some of them have
> guest access turned off by default and the only way to get guest
> access (even to a Samba server) is to turn it back on.

It occurs when I run "net view \\samba" on a Windows 10 (10.0.19045)
client. It's an older Samba (4.5.16; Yes, i will upgrade Debian and thus
Samba in the coming weeks).

I'll turn it on temporarily until I've upgraded Samba.

=========
c:\Users\joe\Downloads>net view
System error 1231 has occurred. The network location cannot be reached.

c:\Users\joe\Downloads>net view \\samba
System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not found.
=========

Thank you.